If you’re the creative type there’s a tonne of opportunities in this industry, from working in visual and performing arts to roles in communications and events. People in this industry are cultural ambassadors for the country, they tell our stories and help shape the future.
This pathway may be for you if you are interested in:
- Using communication skills, such as writing or presenting
- Performing and entertaining people
- Using creative, design and editing skills
- Working with a range of cultural materials and objects
- Interpreting and developing other people’s ideas
- Using computers and design software
- Working with people, including the media and clients
For examples of jobs and careers in the sector check out Careers.govt.nz.
For more information on the Creative Industries pathway, visit Youth Guarantee.